The american is a novel by henry james originally published as a serial in the atlantic monthly in 1876 77 and then as a book in 1877 the novel is an uneasy combination of social comedy and melodrama concerning the adventures and misadventures of christopher newman an essentially good hearted but rather gauche american businessman on his first tour of europe. The american book read 362 reviews from the worlds largest community for readers henry jamess third novel is an exploration of his most powerful per. From a general summary to chapter summaries to explanations of famous quotes the sparknotes the american study guide has everything you need to ace quizzes tests and essays. The project gutenberg ebook of the american by henry james this ebook is for the use of anyone anywhere at no cost and with almost no restrictions whatsoever
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.